The Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association is the peak national body representing Australia’s oil and gas exploration and production industry.
It has almost 70 full member companies. These are oil and gas explorers and producers active in Australia. APPEA members account for an estimated 98 per cent of the nation’s petroleum production. APPEA also represents almost 180 associate member companies that provide a wide range of goods and services to the upstream oil and gas industry.
APPEA works with Australian governments to help promote the development of the nation’s oil and gas resources in a manner that maximises the return to the Australian industry and community.
APPEA aims to secure regulatory and commercial conditions that enable member companies to operate safely, sustainably, and profitably.
The Association also seeks to increase community and government understanding of the upstream petroleum industry by publishing information about the sector’s activities and economic importance to the nation.
APPEA also hosts conferences each year to exchange ideas and contribute to the development of the industry’s policy positions.
Vision and Strategic Goals
APPEA’s vision is to achieve a growing and internationally competitive Australian oil and gas industry that makes a vital and sustained contribution to the nation’s economy.
APPEA’s strategic goals are to:
- Promote excellence in safety, health, environmental performance and community engagement.
- Achieve timely and secure access to resources for exploration and development.
- Facilitate access to capital through a regulatory framework that supports investment and industry productivity.
- Enable access to domestic and international markets on globally competitive terms without distortionary and interventionist policies.
- Facilitate the implementation of best practices and core values among members.