November 18, 2020
New APPEA Board Directors announced
The Board of the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA) is delighted to announce the re-election of Kevin Gallagher as Chairman and Ian Davies as Vice Chairman following APPEA’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) today.
Mr Gallagher, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Santos, continues in his second term as APPEA’s Chairman along with Mr Davies, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer of Senex Energy, who also continues for a second term as APPEA’s Vice Chairman. Mr Gallagher and Mr Davies were first elected to these positions after APPEA’s 2019 AGM.
APPEA also welcomes several new Directors, including Khoa Dao, President – Australia at ConocoPhillips Australia, Motohiro (Moto) Desaki, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer at Mitsui E&P Australia (MEPAU), Hitoshi Okawa, INPEX President Director, Australia and INPEX Corporation Managing Executive Officer, Vice President Oceania Projects at INPEX and Kathy Wu, BP. Ms Wu commences as Vice President, Australia at BP Developments Australia from 1 January 2021.
Long-standing APPEA Directors Bruce Lake and Ernie Delfos retired at the AGM. The APPEA Board recognised the significant contribution of Mr Lake and Mr Delfos and thanked them for their service, commitment and tireless work on the Board and its Committees over many years.
Following the 2020 AGM, members of the APPEA Board are:
- Kevin Gallagher (Chairman), Santos
- Ian Davies (Vice Chairman), Senex Energy
- Frank Calabria, Origin Energy
- Kate Callaghan, Chevron Australia
- Khoa Dao, ConocoPhillips Australia
- Motohiro (Moto) Desaki, Mitsui E&P Australia (MEPAU)
- Nathan Fay, ExxonMobil Australia
- Matt Kay, Beach Energy
- David Maxwell, Cooper Energy
- Tor McCaul, Comet Ridge
- Tony Nunan, Shell Australia
- Hitoshi Okawa, INPEX
- Meg O’Neill, Woodside Energy
- Graham Salmond, BHP Petroleum
- Eric Streitberg, Buru Energy
- Kathy Wu, BP Developments Australia.