Developed and delivered in partnership with Curtin University, these one-day seminars give a broad understanding of the Australian oil and gas industry.
This introductory series is ideal for:
• employees new to the industry
• government policy-makers
• professionals and advisors
• members of the community seeking a basic understanding of the industry.
Attendees gain an appreciation of the geological, technical and economic aspects of the industry, features of the onshore and oﬀshore environments, as well as the exploration, development and production phases. The seminars oﬀer an invaluable opportunity to understand the key characteristics and global context of Australia’s oil and gas industry, and come to grips with its key concepts and terminology.
These seminars will be delivered nationally and facilitated by Curtin University’s Professor Peter Moore with guest APPEA presenters.
Click here to join our e-mail list.
The 2018 Seminar series dates and locations are:
- Adelaide – Monday 14 May.
- Brsibane – Tuesday 27 March and Wednesday 19 September.
- Canberra – Wednesday 15 August.
- Perth – Tuesday 13 March and Thursday 11 October.
Seminar duration, costs and inclusions
8.30 am registration, 9 am start, 3.30 pm finish
- $420 APPEA Member
- $420 Government
- $470 Non members
* Prices include GST. Groups of more than five will attract a discounted rate.
• One-day seminar, fully facilitated by industry professional
• Refreshments on arrival, plus morning tea and lunch
• Text book – ‘Speaking Oil & Gas’
• Presentation notes
- What is petroleum?
- Oil & gas terminology
- Petroleum geology basics
- Global context
- Petroleum supply and demand
- Petroleum business cycle – upstream and downstream
- Main Australian producing basins
- Major projects
- Industry regulation and licensing overview
Exploration, development and production
- Exploration process
- Seismic (onshore and oﬀshore)
- Well integrity
- Hydraulic fracturing
- Development process
- Joint ventures
Liqueﬁed natural gas (LNG)
- LNG process
- Floating LNG
To register for 2017 Seminars, please contact Georgia Toirkens at [email protected]
Enquiries and further information:
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: +61 2 6267 0908