Introduction to Oil and Gas Seminar Series – Postponement
• Due to recent events involving the COVID-19 Corona Virus, we regret to advise that our Introduction to Oil and Gas Seminar Series scheduled for March – June 2020 is unavoidably postponed.
• Due to events involving the spread of the virus both domestically and overseas, we find ourselves in a situation whereby we are simply unable to proceed with the seminars as scheduled.
• Whilst it may be necessary for us to cancel the seminars at some point, we are hopeful that this will not eventuate.
• We are very disappointed that we find ourselves in this situation and regret the inconvenience that has been caused by the extraordinary circumstances confronting everybody.
These one-day seminars give a broad understanding of the Australian oil and gas industry.
This introductory series is ideal for:
• employees new to the industry
• government policy-makers
• professionals and advisors
• members of the community seeking a basic understanding of the industry.
Attendees gain an appreciation of the geological, technical and economic aspects of the industry, features of the onshore and oﬀshore environments, as well as the exploration, development and production phases. The seminars oﬀer an invaluable opportunity to understand the key characteristics and global context of Australia’s oil and gas industry, and come to grips with its key concepts and terminology.
Registration Costs and Inclusions
$430 APPEA Member
$490 Non members
* Prices include GST. Groups of more than five will attract a discounted rate.
• One-day seminar, fully facilitated by industry professional
• Refreshments on arrival, plus morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
• Presentation material including the PowerPoint Booklet and 2018 Oil and Gas Key Stats
8.30am – 9.00am Registration
9.00am – 5.00pm Seminar
Click here to join our e-mail list.
- What is petroleum?
- Oil & gas terminology
- Petroleum geology basics
- Global context
- Petroleum supply and demand
- Petroleum business cycle – upstream and downstream
- Main Australian producing basins
- Major projects
- Industry regulation and licensing overview
Exploration, development and production
- Exploration process
- Seismic (onshore and oﬀshore)
- Well integrity
- Hydraulic fracturing
- Development process
- Joint ventures
Liqueﬁed natural gas (LNG)
- LNG process
- Floating LNG
Dates and Locations
18 August CANBERRA – To be confirmed
23 September PERTH – To be confirmed
14 October BRISBANE – To be confirmed
For further information
Please contact Daniela Dwyer
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +61 8 9426 7204