Developed and delivered in partnership with Curtin University, these one-day seminars give a broad understanding of the Australian oil and gas industry.
This introductory series is ideal for:
• employees new to the industry
• government policy-makers
• professionals and advisors
• members of the community seeking a basic understanding of the industry.
Attendees gain an appreciation of the geological, technical and economic aspects of the industry, features of the onshore and oﬀshore environments, as well as the exploration, development and production phases. The seminars oﬀer an invaluable opportunity to understand the key characteristics and global context of Australia’s oil and gas industry, and come to grips with its key concepts and terminology.
These seminars will be delivered nationally and facilitated by Curtin University’s Adjunct Professor Peter Moore with guest APPEA presenters.
The 2018 Seminar series dates and locations are:
- Perth – Tuesday 13 March and Thursday 11 October
- Brisbane – Tuesday 27 March and Wednesday 19 September
- Adelaide – Monday 14 May
- Canberra – Wednesday 15 August
Seminar duration, costs and inclusions
8.30 am registration, 9 am start, 5.00 pm finish
- $430 APPEA Member
- $430 Government
- $490 Non members
- $150 Students
* Prices include GST. Groups of more than five will attract a discounted rate.
• One-day seminar, fully facilitated by industry professional
• Refreshments on arrival, plus morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
• Text book – ‘Speaking Oil & Gas’
• Presentation notes
Click here to join our e-mail list.
- What is petroleum?
- Oil & gas terminology
- Petroleum geology basics
- Global context
- Petroleum supply and demand
- Petroleum business cycle – upstream and downstream
- Main Australian producing basins
- Major projects
- Industry regulation and licensing overview
Exploration, development and production
- Exploration process
- Seismic (onshore and oﬀshore)
- Well integrity
- Hydraulic fracturing
- Development process
- Joint ventures
Liqueﬁed natural gas (LNG)
- LNG process
- Floating LNG
To register for 2018 Seminars, please contact Georgia Toirkens at [email protected]
Enquiries and further information:
- Email: [email protected]
- Telephone: +61 2 6267 0908