Health, Safety & Environment Reports
- HSE Report 2015-16
- HSE Report 2014-15
- HSE Report 2013-14
- HSE Report 2012-13
- HSE Report 2011-12
- HSE Report 2010-11
Codes of practice
- APPEA Code of Environmental Practice
- Seismic Exploration & the Marine Environment
- Operating in Protected Areas
- Western Australian Code of Practice for Hydraulic Fracturing
- 2018 Method for financial assurance: Please contact Keld Knudsen (Kknudsen@appea.com.au) for information on the 2018 Method for Financial Assurance.
- 2014 version: Method to assist in estimating appropriate levels of financial assurance (Historic)
- Cutting Green Tape: streamlining major oil and gas project environmental approvals processes in Australia
- APPEA Climate Change Policy Principles
- CSG-LNG Greenhouse Gas Emissions Study
- CSG-LNG Greenhouse Gas Emissions Study executive summary
The Blue Books
APPEA has finalised funding arrangements for a new edition of the independent offshore research publication, Blue Book 3.
APPEA released Blue Book 1, Environmental implications of oil and gas development: The findings of an independent scientific review, in 1994 (with a supplementary release, Blue Book 2, in 2003).
Blue Books 1 and 2 have served industry well, managing stakeholder concerns, building regulator confidence and contributing to the industry’s social licence to operate.
Blue Book 3 is being produced under APPEA’sMarine Environmental Science Program (MESP).
It will communicate the scientific knowledge base and environmental impacts of oil and gas development on the marine environment. This project is expected to take two years and will include chapters on environmental aspects, stressors and hazards. An independent scientific panel will review the report before publication.
So far, the MESP has delivered or contributed to the following papers and databases.
- Understanding the Consequences of Unplanned Discharges (BMT Oceanica)
- Scientific Literature Review of the Environmental Impacts of Decommissioning Options (Advisian)
- Underwater Sound and Vibration from Offshore Petroleum Activities and their Potential Effects on Marine Fauna: An Australian Perspective (CMST)
- Potential impacts on zooplankton of seismic surveys (CSIRO)
- Industry-Government Environmental Meta-database
- Decommissioning offshore infrastructure: a review of stakeholder views and science priorities. (WA Marine Science Institute, Blueprint for Marine Science)
Copies of Blue Book 1 and Blue Book 2 can be ordered from APPEA.
- Blue Book 1 (hardback): $245
- Blue Book 2 (CD-ROM): $110
To order please contact email email@example.com