Submissions now open for APPEA Environment and Safety Excellence Awards
The APPEA Environment and Safety Excellence Awards, an annual celebration of the Australian oil and gas industry’s commitment to leading environmental and safety practices, is now calling for submissions from members. The Awards will return this year for its 20th anniversary as part of the annual APPEA Conference and Exhibition, to be held in Perth from 14–17 June.
The Awards highlight the exemplary work being done by APPEA members across four categories. These categories include: Company Environment Excellence; Company Safety Excellence; Project Environment Excellence; and Project Safety Excellence.
Applications for submissions open today and run through to 30 April, and all entries can be lodged through APPEA’s streamlined Awards submission portal available here.
To read more about the winners of the previous Environment and Excellence Awards, please click here.
2019 APPEA Environment and Safety Excellence Award winners:
Environment Project Excellence Award
Winner: Santos – ‘Varanus Island Management’
Safety Project Excellence Award
Winner: Worley – ‘CAROL: Robotic catalyst and adsorbent removal project’
Environment Company Excellence Award
Winner: Woodside Energy Ltd – ‘Environmental excellence’
Safety Company Excellence Award
Winner: ExxonMobil Australia – ‘Innovating on the fundamentals’
Full members are expected to showcase a range of initiatives, from the previous calendar year, based on their level of resourcing and should generally nominate for company awards.
Award category nominees will be invited to present their submissions to their peers in a facilitated APPEA Connect style event, with Award winners announced at the APPEA AGM in Perth in November.
Terms and conditions:
- The Excellence Awards are open to all APPEA members.
- Full members are expected to showcase a range of initiatives, from the previous calendar year, based on their level of resourcing and should generally nominate for company awards.
- Associate members are encouraged to apply for project awards, whereby innovative approaches have been employed to support full members field operations.
- Submissions should focus on recent performance, projects and initiatives from the previous calendar year.
- Submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org