Since 2001, APPEA’s Excellence Awards have showcased the oil and gas industry’s unwavering commitment to maintain high safety and environmental standards.
On 23 June 2020, the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA) Board agreed to present the 2019-20 Environment and Safety Excellence Awards, as part of APPEA’s Annual General Meeting in mid-November this year.
APPEA’s Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) secretariat is delighted to announce submissions will be re-opened – for an eight-week period, closing on Friday 28 August 2020.
Enter HERE – Download Call for Submissions and Information
Excellence Awards are offered across four categories:
- Safety Project Excellence Award
- Environment Project Excellence Award
- Company Safety Excellence Award
- Company Environment Excellence Award
APPEA’s EHS secretariat has responded to calls to make the awards more accessible to our associate members.
Associate members are encouraged to apply for project awards, whereby innovative approaches have been employed to support full member field operations.
Full members are expected to showcase a range of initiatives, from the previous calendar year, based on their level of resourcing and should generally nominate for company awards.
Award category nominees will be invited to present their submissions to their peers in a facilitated APPEA Connect style event, with Award winners announced at the APPEA AGM in Perth in November.
Terms and conditions:
- The Excellence Awards are open to all APPEA members.
- Submissions should focus on recent performance, projects and initiatives from the previous calendar year.
- Submissions close COB Friday 28 August 2020.
- Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com
- The APPEA EHS secretariat will honour submissions previously received
- Award winners will be announced at the APPEA AGM.
2019 Excellence Award winners
See more details about previous winners of the Excellence Awards.